Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm freezing

Today when I walked outside, I knew immediately that it was the end of November. It is cold. In fact, it was very cold. It brought back memories of my childhood in Northern Ontario when there were several feet of snow on the ground. The van that took us to school every morning had these horrible vinyls seats that were hard and freezing when cold. You knew not to sit in a spot where you would have to scoot over when the next kid was picked up and freeze your poor backside all over again. Yes, this morning it was cold, and I wished that I had worn a long sleeve shirt instead of a short sleeve one as I braved the frigid 50 F weather. I might have to actually turn the heat on in my apartment!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Darren Byler said...

huh, isn't it neat how time will bring out a person's true colours? i mean, there you are - almost as far away as you can get in the US from Canada and here i am - 2 hours away from the Canadian border. it's in the 40's here today and i didn't even have to wear a jacket. a person's place of birth must really have an impact on their character!

6:11 PM  
Blogger The Mad Hatter said...

Mighty cheeky comments for someone who chose to be an American as opposed to someone like me who is American by birth, but Canadian by choice.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Technically, you can't freeze above 32 F. Still my heart goes out to you. You poor man. Maybe you should come to Sioux Lookout for a week. Then it wouldn't seem so cold in Texas.

5:17 AM  
Blogger GKStauffer said...

hmmmm.... maybe I'll have to go get the bike out again....

8:33 AM  
Blogger Scribbler said...

You poor soul! I feel for you but I can't reach you.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Darren Byler said...

as i recall, i had no choice in becoming an american. i saw that flag and wanted to run for my life but was taken against my will. forceable citizenship i think they call it.

9:23 AM  
Blogger The Mad Hatter said...

At least I haven't stooped so low as to marry an American.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

However, you BOTH choose to live in the US now. Hans, why don't you do some interviews here in Canada? You could come back you know. ~Mom

7:41 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Hans, at least you are an owner of Canadian land.

Dad

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter