Saturday, March 14, 2009

Send more catnip

I'm usually of the opinion that there is a reason why the ancient Egyptians worshipped cats, not dogs. I mean who would ever mistake a dog for a deity? They are known to eat their own feces after all!! To make matters worse, after eating something nasty, they want to lick your face. Definitely not a candidate for the false god list.

My cat is usually a well-mannered, well-behaved critter. However, this winter she has developed a bad habit that recently left me with a rather stiff neck. Cats have this passion for finding the warmest place on the premises and then parking themselves there.

I had been working on some documents on my computer for awhile, and decided to take the trash out. When I came back, my cat was sprawled comfortably across the computer keyboard, presumably for the heat generated by it.

Once I had kicked her off of my computer, I discovered that the screen now was presenting things upside down. I would have had to turn the screen 180 degrees to have the display back in the usual anatomic position. I figured fixing it wouldn't take very much time... I mean if a cat could figure out how to adjust the display so that she could read it while her head was upside down, it shouldn't be that hard. About an hour later, after trying every computer control screen on the system, I had a very stiff neck and still had an inverted image on my screen.

Fortunately, Al Gore invented the internet for us years ago, and I eventually googled fixing the upside down screen. It turns out toddlers have been pulling this trick for decades, and after reading the upside down advice on google, my screen was righted.

Now if I could only figure out how to keep the cat away from the computer. Yesterday she locked the keyboard. However, she was kind enough to leave the instruction panel displayed on how to unlock it. So if you get an email from my address asking for catnip, please disregard it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

My suggestion is to cut the bottom out of a box and set the box over the keyboard when you aren't using it. Or maybe just put the box over the keys upside down. Our keyboard sits on a ledge we can push under the screen when we aren't using it, but yours must not be arranged that way.~Mom

5:56 AM  
Blogger Gene and Amy Stauffer said...

I never had a dog that decided the best place to sleep was in the fan of my truck.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter