Sunday, November 25, 2007

Or this one

A few months back I found myself in a mall doing some clothing shopping. I don't like shopping in general, and in particular don't like clothing shopping. The clothing I do buy, I keep forever. I still have stuff from high school in my closet, though those items have tended to shrink with age.

Back when I was a kid, clothing was easy. I got to wear whatever had managed to survive the abuses of 3 Esh boys, the youngest of which was just older than me. School clothing was easy as well, since we had to wear uniforms. We wore navy blue pants, a light blue or white shirt, and a blue vest.

While browsing the clothing racks in the mall, I came to a realization. I do not presently own any navy blue pants, light blue shirts, or dark blue vests. Furthermore, the thought of wearing anything of that nature is very unappealing. Probably the next time I wear anything of that colour, I'll be old, senile, and unable to have the sense to protest. I've performed my lifetime's quota with those colours.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

You could pack up the clothing that is too small and send it along with Bethanie or Dad when they go to Haiti. Then you wouldn't even have to look at those colours among your clothing anymore! Mom

6:08 AM  
Blogger treasures said...

You're funny, Hans. :) I used to think you looked completely handsome in those navy pants and light blue shirts. Your missionary aunt... HOW are you anyway. Donna

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter