Monday, May 14, 2007

The touring life

Having completed my tour of North America, with stops to visit the parents in Ontario and my pediatrician cousin in Ohio, I arrived back home safe and sound.

I enjoyed the drive. I got to Ontario fairly late, and wound up doing the several hour drive from the border after dark. I saw 5 moose and 8 deer in that 200 kilometer stretch of highway, or 1 approximately every 10 miles. I had forgotten how brilliant the stars were up there, and how much darker the sky was at night. I also watched the Northern Lights dance across the highway as if celebrating my return to the North. It was all just perfect, besides needing to keep an eye peeled for wildlife.

The forests were bone dry there. Driving home, I smelled smoke through much of Ontario, Minnesota, and northern Wisconsin. Interestingly enough, after crossing from Virginina into Tennessee, I smelled smoke again. I guess those fires down in Georgia must have been polluting our clean Tennessee air.

In any case, it was really good to see my folks again, as well as Matt, Olivia, and Lyric.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

And we very much enjoyed having you! This week we've had rain off and on--the gentle soaking kind that is helping out with curbing the forest fires. Mom

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter