Sunday, May 27, 2007

Our Lady of Uncanny Skills of Observation

It was recently my birthday. I'm now at an age where I no longer proudly proclaim how many times I've ridden this ride around the local star, so the number of those trips will remain undisclosed.

On the day of my birthday, I received an email from Bethanie, my sister in Haiti. She stated that my birthday gift was stashed in my apartment. She had visited me several months back and had hidden it at that time. I was a little miffed that something could have been sequestered away in my space that long without my knowledge of its presence.

She was tipped off as to the optimal hiding place by one of/or two events. The first possibility would have been her observation of the state of my wardrobe. Perhaps she thought things looked slightly un-ironed. Or perhaps it was the fact that a request to use my iron and ironing-board prompted a ten minute search for the iron. In any case my birthday gift sitting right beside my ironing board in the closet remained undetected.

Compliments to her for her skills of observation. She's lucky though, a week prior I had briefly contemplated house cleaning that closet. However, the thought soon passed since I'm moving in two years and will inevitably have to do it then anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You didn't say we couldn't guess how many star-treks you've made. *grin* I'm gonna guess it to be 32 or 33. You don't have to confirm it. You can just scowl in my general direction!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter